On Friday, July 5 the Cloverdale Arts Alliance continues its Friday Night Live free summer concert series with the western swing of The Carolyn Sills Combo.
Fans of classic country and western swing are falling in love with The Carolyn Sills Combo's live show, chock full of three-part vocal harmonies, dueling guitar and non-pedal steel instrumentals and tight arrangements of their own distinct style of music known as 'spaghetti western swing.'
Nominated for five Ameripolitan Awards in the last three years, the group took home the trophy in 2018 for Best Western Swing Group. Their current release, Dime Stories Vol 2, was named by No Depression as one of the top new releases of 2016. The group has opened for and/or shared the stage with western music legends Asleep At The Wheel, James Hand and Don Edwards. They are currently preparing to release a third album which is heavily influenced by one of their musical inspirations, Marty Robbins. Catch The Carolyn Sills Combo on July 5 at Friday Night Live at the Plaza in Cloverdale!
- Festivities begin at 6 p.m. when the Street Fair opens with meals-to-go; sweet treats; wines and craft beers; locally crafted art, jewelry, clothing and wellness products; and kids’ activities.
- Food booths at the Street Fair offer a wide variety of delicious meals. With choices from pizza to risotto, BBQ oysters to lamb gyros, there is something for everyone. Local restaurants are also open for early bird and late-night specials.
- Music starts at 6:30 p.m.
- Arrive early and bring your own lawn chair as seating/chairs are not provided. The concert seating area is limited.
- Craft beer, local wines, and non-alcoholic beverages are available for purchase by the glass.
- The conditions of the ABC permit for Friday Night Live do not allow outside alcoholic beverages at the concerts. Also, please dispose of any alcoholic beverages purchased at the shows before you leave.