1. Shelter in place. Only go out into public for essential business and wear a mask when you do.
2. Do not shake hands. Smile, wave, bow, do what you can to avoid making personal contact.
3. Use only your knuckle to touch light switches. elevator buttons, etc. Protect your hands by using a paper towel or a disposable glove.
4. Open doors with your closed fist or hip – do not grasp the handle with an unprotected hand. Especially to do this with bathroom and public buildings and offices.
5. Use disinfectant wipes to sanitize public surroundings such as grocery carts, mass transportation and airplane seats. Carry your own supply with you to have at the ready.
6. Wash your hands with soap and warm water for 10-20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever you return home from any activity that involves locations where other people have been.
7. Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home’s entrances as well as in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can’t immediately wash your hands.
8. If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and immediately discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more!