Board to discuss pay out to former hospital employees and appointees for new governing board
The Palm Drive Health Care District Board of Directors meeting will begin at 5:30 p.m. on Nov. 5 at Sonoma Specialty Hospital, 501 Petaluma Ave.
Topics on the agenda will include:
- PDHCD Finance Committee report.
- Gia Smith, Sonoma Specialty Hospital CEO, will discuss appointing members to a proposed governing body. The governing body will likely consist of district and hospital executives as well as members of the PDHCD board.
- District staff will discuss a financial agreement with JWT & Associates, LLP, bankruptcy accountant, to provide financial statements in order for the district to submit a court-ordered bankruptcy exit plan.
- Board president Dennis Colthurst and director Jim Horn will discuss the role of district officers.
- PDHCD executive director Alanna Brogan will discuss development of the board’s agenda policies.
- The board will discuss the district’s 2016-2017 financial audit as well as combining the district’s 2017-2018 audit with Sonoma West Medical Center’s audit.
- Board will vote on approval of new Sonoma Specialty Hospital Chief Financial Officer, John Lovrich, replacing former CFO/Chief Nursing Officer Barbara Vogelsang who resigned last month.
- As part of the hospital’s transition, district staff is requesting to scan and store 52,000 pages of human resource files from Sonoma West Medical Center. The project is estimated to cost more than $5,800.
- District staff will discuss amendments to the district’s bylaws regarding the roles of board treasurer and finance committee member.
The agenda for the night’s meeting can be found online at http://palmdrivehealthcaredistrict.org/.