If you spent your holiday dollars in Sebastopol this year instead of online, congratulations! You personally contributed to the prosperity and vitality of the whole town — and to the lives of the hundreds of men and women who work in local stores.
If you thought it was too late to take the Sebastopol 1-2-3 Pledge — where you promise to spend $100, $200 or $300 in Sebastopol stores between now and Jan. 7 — take heart. You can start now. January 7th is your last day to turn in your filled out card. That means you can take advantage of all those awesome after-Christmas sales at stores around town.
Spending money locally makes a huge difference to the merchants who help make this region the rich and interesting place that it is. And money spent locally stays local, boosting employment and supporting the schools and city services we all depend on.
Download the pledge card at left or pick one up at a participating local merchant. Every time you buy something at a participating Sebastopol store, fill in the name of the store and the amount and have the merchant initial it. Fill out the card as you shop and when you've reached your goal, turn it in at the Chamber of Commerce office, or snap a picture of it and text it to 322-8696 or email it to email@example.com.
Everyone who takes the pledge will get a complimentary one, two or three-month subscription to Sonoma West Times & News and a chance to win a basket of thank you gifts from local merchants. And the merchant that racks up the largest number of Sebastopol 1-2-3 sales will win advertising space in Sonoma West.
List of participating stores
The list of participating stores is growing every day.
- 300 Gallery (The Barlow)
- Artisana (Downtown)
- Bliss Organic Day Spa (Downtown)
- Copperfield's Books (Downtown)
- Cultivate Home (Downtown)
- Home Blown Glass (Downtown)
- Indigenous (The Barlow)
- Many Rivers Books (Downtown)
- Milk and Honey (Downtown)
- Global Village (Downtown)
- Jaiyen Spa (Downtown)
- Lori Austin Gallery (The Barlow)
- Mary's Pizza (North Sebastopol)
- Milk and Honey (Downtown)
- People's Music (Downtown)
- Reframe Hair Gallery (The Barlow)
- Scout (The Barlow)
- Second Chance Books (Downtown)
- Sebastopol Hardware (North Sebastopol)
- Silk Moon (Downtown)
The following grocery stores are also participating and they have some wonderful gift items, not just food and wine, but housewares and body products. Please don’t use Sebastopol 1-2-3 for your regular food shopping — just for holiday gift giving. (No one is going to police this — we’re operating on the honor system.)
- Andy’s Fruit Basket (North Sebastopol)
- Community Market (Downtown)
- Fircrest Market (South Sebastopol)
- Pacific Market (North Sebastopol)
- Safeway (Downtown Sebastopol)
- Whole Foods (Downtown)