New head coach Kyle Shanahan and the San Francisco 49ers were held to just a field goal, as Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers won the season opener, 23-3 at Levi's Stadium. Veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer completed 24 of 35 passes for 193 yards in his 49ers debut. The offense ran for just 51 yards, converted one of four fourth-down attempts and was 2-11 on third downs. Shanahan's players were flagged 10 times for 74 yards. The lone bright spot in Santa Clara was new kicker Robbie Gould's 44-yard field goal. PHOTOS BY JEAN FRUTH.
Find a local business
Windsor Times Newsletter
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- One of Windsor’s newest pizzerias is about to celebrate its first birthday
- Loud cars, sewers, parks and drive-thru windows at next council meeting
- WUSD hopeful for April return to in-person learning
- Vaccine shortages shut down SCOE clinic
- Lady Jaguars looking to go low on high school golf links
- State eases restrictions on outdoor sports
- Who gets a California stimulus check? When?
- Workshops on the Old Redwood Highway Corridor Enhancement coming for residents
- Letters to the Editor: Feb. 25, 2021
- WPD Logs Feb. 15 to Feb. 21, 2021
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.